Welcome to the website dedicated to information on preventative measures taken to counter the spread of COVID-19 among the community of the University of Lodz.
Please choose your profile from the bookmarks above (Students/PhD Students, Academic staff, Non-academic staff) and then topic of your interest. We also invite you to check the latest and most important information/news below this text.
Due to the restrictions announced by the government of the Republic of Poland, all classes are conducted online at the University of Lodz.
Detailed information on the mode of classes is provided by faculties.
Restrictions introduced by Polish Government on 4 November, valid from 7 November (Saturday):
- Shops operating in shopping malls/galleries are closed – except for grocery stores, pharmacies, cosmetics stores or constructions stores.
- Culture facilities, i.e. cinemas, theatres, museums, are closed.
- Hotels/hostels can accept only guests who are on a business trip.
Remember that the following rules are still obligatory to follow:
- It is mandatory to cover your mouth and nose whenever outside your apartment.
- Universities continue with online studies.
- Night clubs, discos and other places for dancing are closed.
- From Monday to Friday, from 10:00 to 12:00, only persons over 60 years of age are allowed in shops, drugstores, pharmacies and post offices.
- Restaurants/bars can serve only take away menu.
- Public gatherings may be attended by no more than 5 persons.
- It is prohibited to organise meetings and parties, regardless of their nature – except for parties and meetings organised at private homes and attended by up to 20 persons.
Covid-19 infections are on the rise, so you should embrace the security measures (social distance, covering mouth and nose, personal disinfection) – as well as you should notify the medical service if you have suspicious symptoms or are otherwise feeling unwell after contacting someone displaying such symptoms. As of now (October) the standard first step is calling your GP, or first-contact doctor.
common symptoms of Covid-19 include dry cough, fever, aches and pains, loss of
taste or smell, and unexpected tiredness. Some sufferers have just two or three
of these symptoms, while others feel seriously ill. Still, medical experts know
of a number of other symptoms.